|Chennai||Rs. 24470.00 (1.37%)|
|Mumbai||Rs. 24900.00 (0.97%)|
|Delhi||Rs. 24200.00 (1.26%)|
|Kolkata||Rs. 24160.00 (0%)|
|Kerala||Rs. 24000.00 (0.63%)|
|Bangalore||Rs. 23800.00 (0%)|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 24140.00 (1.17%)|
Following is a list of events in Pakistan as well as news stories and press reports which may influence financial markets.
(Reuters News welcomes your feedback and for any queries please contact Michael Georgy in Islamabad editorial on +92-300-8560-215 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on Reuters messaging email@example.com)
* The Pakistani rupee ended weaker at 97.64/97.69 against the dollar, compared to Thursday's close of 97.58/97.65.
* The Karachi Stock Exchange's (KSE) benchmark 100-share index ended 0.01 percent, or 1.53 points, lower at 16,633.18.
* The Dow and S&P 500 closed at five-year highs on Friday as the market registered a third straight week of gains on a solid start to the quarterly earnings season.
* The Dow Jones industrial average was up 53.68 points, or 0.39 percent, at 13,649.70. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 5.04 points, or 0.34 percent, at 1,485.98. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.30 points, or 0.04 percent, at 3,134.71.
* Brent futures steadied below $112 per barrel on Monday as the oil markets cooled after last week's rally as economic worries and concerns of over-supply offset fears of renewed unrest in the Middle East after the Algerian crisis.
* Front-month Brent futures slipped 21 cents to $111.68 per barrel by 0209 GMT. U.S. crude shed 25 cents to $95.31 per barrel after touching a four-month high last week.
* Gold inched up on Monday to reverse losses from the previous session, bolstered by expectations for aggressive monetary easing from the Bank of Japan. Spot gold had risen 0.4 percent to $1,689.54 an ounce by 0334 GMT, after gaining 1.3 percent last week. U.S. gold inched up 0.2 percent to $1,689.60.
* To see announcements of the Pakistan central bank's regular open market operations, please click on. FOR A SPEED GUIDE ON PAKISTAN, CLICK ON
FOR PAKISTAN ECONOMIC INDICATORS, CLICK ON
FOR PAKISTAN OPEN MARKET CURRENCY RATES, CLICK ON
FOR PAKISTAN COTTON RATES, SEE
FOR PAKISTAN PORT ACTIVITY, CLICK ON
FOR KEY GLOBAL ECONOMIC NEWS, SEE
FOR AN OUTLOOK OF ASIAN STOCK TRADING, CLICK ON
TOP NEWS ON ASIAN COMPANIES
FOR ECONOMIC FX RELATED NEWS, HIT
FOR WHAT INVESTORS ARE SAYING ABOUT DEALS
STOCKS - BUY OR SELL?
IN THE NEWS REUTERS PAKISTAN (Click on
* Pakistan says it will free all Afghan Taliban detainees