Following is a list of events in Pakistan as well as news stories and press reports which may influence financial markets.
(Reuters News welcomes your feedback and for any queries please contact Michael Georgy in Islamabad editorial on +92-51-281-0017 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on Reuters messaging email@example.com)
* In the currency market, the Pakistani rupee ended almost steady at 97.68/97.73 against the dollar, compared to Tuesday's close of 97.70/97.74.
* The Karachi Stock Exchange's (KSE) benchmark 100-share index ended 0.09 percent, or 14.58 points, higher at 16,908.67.
* The Dow Jones industrial average rose 67.12 points or 0.49 percent, to 13,779.33, the S&P 500 gained 2.25 points or 0.15 percent, to 1,494.81, and the Nasdaq Composite added 10.49 points or 0.33 percent, to 3,153.67.
* Brent crude for March delivery edged down 22 cents to $112.58 a barrel by 0333 GMT. U.S. crude was at $95.38, up 15 cents, rebounding from a 1.5 percent fall on Wednesday on worries that inventories at contract delivery point Cushing, Oklahoma, may swell further.
* Spot gold had edged down 0.2 percent to $1,682.51 an ounce by 0032 GMT, off a one-month peak of $1,695.76 hit on Tuesday. U.S. gold fell 0.2 percent to $1,682.70.
* To see announcements of the Pakistan central bank's regular open market operations, please click on. FOR A SPEED GUIDE ON PAKISTAN, CLICK ON
FOR PAKISTAN ECONOMIC INDICATORS, CLICK ON
FOR PAKISTAN OPEN MARKET CURRENCY RATES, CLICK ON
FOR PAKISTAN COTTON RATES, SEE
FOR PAKISTAN PORT ACTIVITY, CLICK ON
FOR KEY GLOBAL ECONOMIC NEWS, SEE
FOR AN OUTLOOK OF ASIAN STOCK TRADING, CLICK ON
TOP NEWS ON ASIAN COMPANIES
FOR ECONOMIC FX RELATED NEWS, HIT
FOR WHAT INVESTORS ARE SAYING ABOUT DEALS
STOCKS - BUY OR SELL?
IN THE NEWS REUTERS PAKISTAN (Click on )
* Cricket-Pakistan offers insurance and security for visiting teams