|Chennai||Rs. 27580.00 (0.18%)|
|Mumbai||Rs. 28700.00 (0%)|
|Delhi||Rs. 27700.00 (0.73%)|
|Kolkata||Rs. 28270.00 (0%)|
|Kerala||Rs. 27050.00 (0.74%)|
|Bangalore||Rs. 27350.00 (1.11%)|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 27660.00 (1.21%)|
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) Telecom firms whose licences were revoked last year must stop operations immediately unless they get permits in the new auction, the Supreme Court said Friday.
The apex court also directed the successful bidders of the November 2G spectrum auction to immediately start their operations in their respective circles.
In February last year, the Supreme Court had cancelled 122 permits of second generation (2G) airwaves held by eight firms, including Idea Cellular, Tata Teleservices, Telenor and Sistema Shyam TeleServices.
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd (SSTL), a unit of Russia's Sistema, said the Supreme Court would issue a separate order on its case.
"A separate order would be issued by the honourable Supreme Court with respect to SSTL," Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd said in a statement without giving further details.
Following the Supreme Court's order, SSTL is set to lose all but one permit to operate. However, it has the option to participate in the auction for 2G licences which is scheduled in March this year.
Other telecom operators like Idea Cellular and Telenor, whose permits were revoked by the Supreme Court in a Feb 2, 2012 judgment, successfully participated in the November auction and have secured fresh permits to operate.
SSTL did not participate in the November auction.