* One ounce of gold can be stretched to a length of 50 miles; the resulting wire would be just five microns wide.
* Million - the number of times that all of the existing gold in the world, turned into 5 micron wire, could wrap around the planet.
* One ounce of pure gold could be hammered into a single sheet nine metres square.
* Gold melts at 1064 degrees centigrade.
* ...And only boils at 2808 degrees centigrade.Source:
World Gold Council and others
AFP Images (Any unauthorised reproduction is strictly prohibited).