CM Kumaraswamy in a file photo
Barely a few hours prior to announcing the Karnataka budget, Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy's family has been accused of evading property taxes of nearly close to 3.17 crores.
Pooja Prasanna from Republic TV alleged that the group of six, which included the CM's family, including his wife hadn't paid property taxes.
The report alleges that Anitha Kumaraswamy, a former MLA and wife of the CM owes Rs 54,85, 521 in property taxes to BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike). Here are the remainder, according to the report.
- H Kavitha (Kumaraswamy's sister-in-law): Rs 55, 21,479
- HD Shailaja (Kumaraswamy's sister): Rs 55, 21, 479
- Anusuya (Kumaraswamy's sister) Rs 55, 21, 479
- Anitha Kumaraswamy (Kumaraswamy's wife): Rs 54, 85, 521
- HD Ramesh (Kumaraswamy's brother): Rs 55, 21, 389
- Bhawani Revanna (wife of HD Revanna, current PWD minister and Kumaraswamy's brother): Rs 41, 79,440
Kumaraswamy has refuted the allegations, calling it a conspiracy.
"I'm not aware of the total station survey report. My family members are not tax defaulters, you can go check. Why are you playing false reports? Don't mislead the public. This is a conspiracy," he was reported as saying.
Sify.com could not verify the allegations neither vouch for Kumaraswamy's rebuttal.
Kumaraswamy on Thursday announced the state budget, a first from his two innings as Karnataka's chief minister.