|Chennai||Rs. 24470.00 (1.37%)|
|Mumbai||Rs. 24900.00 (0.97%)|
|Delhi||Rs. 24200.00 (1.26%)|
|Kolkata||Rs. 24160.00 (0%)|
|Kerala||Rs. 24000.00 (0.63%)|
|Bangalore||Rs. 23800.00 (0%)|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 24140.00 (1.17%)|
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the central government and the CBI on the pleas of the Essar group and its promoters Anshuman Ruia and Ravi Ruia seeking the quashing of charges against them in the 2G case.
Justice A.K. Pathak sought the response from the union law ministry, the department of telecommunications (DoT) and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and posted the matter for Jan 22, 2013.
The Essar group has challenged the trial court order of filing the chargesheet Dec 12 last year, and the order on charge dated May 25.
The company said the special trial court had noted that "there is no material on record with the chargesheet which attributes any role or involvement to the petitioner, in the alleged conspiracy to cheat the DoT in the grant of unified access service (UAS) licence to Loop Teleholdings Ltd".
The order-on-charge were based on an incorrect appreciation of the facts and were liable to be set aside, the plea said.
The CBI Dec 12 filed a third chargesheet in the 2G case against Loop telecom company's promoters and the Essar Group for criminal conspiracy and cheating with the department of telecommunications, but did not book the firm under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The fresh set of charges alleged that the Essar group used Loop as a front company to acquire telecom licences in 2008. Essar, which already had a 33 percent stake in Vodafone, held substantial equity in Loop and thus violated telecom licence norms, the chargesheet said.