Xiaomi India has launched the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note Pro at an event in New Delhi. For those of you interested in buying a smartphone that fits the bill, and provides decent aesthetics, this is the best that money can buy.
But readers have been posed with more confusion since there is subtle difference between Note 5 and the Note 5 Pro.
The specs and highlights on both devices are almost similar. Here are highlights:
- Processor: Snapdragon 2 Ghz 625 SOC (Octa-core Processor) with Adreno 506 GPU
- Display: 5.99-inch 18:9 resolution. Brightness of 450-nits and 2.5D curved glass. Full-HD resolution of 1080x2160 pixels.
- Memory: Comes in 3/4 and also a 6 GB variant.
- Colors: Black, Gold, Lake Blue, and Rose Gold
- Camera: Rear- 12 MP and Front- 5MP
- 4000 mAh Battery
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Runs MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat
- Hybrid MicroSD card
- Connectivity: BLuetooth, 4G Volte, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack and micro-USB
- Fast charge- Yes, 5V/2A.
- Dynamics: 58.5 x 75.45 x 8.05 mm, weighing 180 gram
The IR blaster comes back from the Redmi Note 4 on the Pro as well as the Note 5.
Youtube Reviewer Geeky Ranjit felt the rear camera performance on the Pro to have moderately improved. But other than that, it was only the display resolution that seemingly differed from that of the Note 4.
The cameras on both Note editions have the LED Selfie Light shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. The Redmi Note 5 carries a single rear camera, with a f/2.2 sensor, while the Pro version comes loaded with twin rear cameras.
A12-megapixel (f/2.2) sensor and one 5-megapixel (f/2.0) sensor for depth effect complete the twin-setup on the rear. The front camera may be suited to enhance pixel size and aperture for better low light photography. But, the Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with a whopping 20-megapixel front sensor and AI-based computing for depth effect.
Here is a Xiaomi's teaser.
- Gaurav Chaudhary aka Technical Guruji: Found it similar to Note 4, but saw improvements too- New Camera, Display, Design etc at a price of Rs 9999 for 3 GB. Price is good, specs are also good.
- GeekyRanjit: Note-5 Pro Good battery life- lasted for 1 day and 8 hours of mixed usage with nearly 3 hours of calling, 6-8 hours of screen on time. No lags. 636 is a fast processor. Good results on the front camera. Positive overall, but suggested Note 4 users to consider an upgrade to the Pro and not the Note 4 (Dont go for the Note 5).
Here is GeekyRanjit's video:
Flipkart's exclusive sale begins on February 22. The 4GB/64 GB version costs Rs 14,000 while the 6GB/64GB version costs Rs 17,000.
Buyers will be forced to make the tough call on which Note to buy- the Note 5 with the single camera on the back or the twin-shooter Note 5 Pro.