July 12 (Reuters) - GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.53
percent and the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
is 0.26 percent higher.
* The rally in Asian stocks showed signs of running out of
puff on Friday, even after a record closing high on Wall Street,
while the selloff in the dollar paused as market attention
turned to major Chinese data due on Monday.
* The S&P 500 index and the Dow industrials closed on
Thursday at record highs, a day after U.S. Federal Reserve
Chairman Ben Bernanke said it would keep a loose monetary policy
for some time to lower the unemployment rate.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Infosys Ltd, India's No. 2 software services
provider, will report first quarter results
* India will release May industrial output data around 5:30
p.m. (1200 GMT).
* India will release consumer price index based inflation
data around 1730 IST (1200 GMT).
* Reserve Bank of India deputy governors will meet
representatives of bonds and forex market associations as part
of their routine pre-policy discussions. (0630 GMT)
* RBI Deputy Governor H.R. Khan will launch state-run IDBI
Bank's inflation-indexed bonds. (0830 GMT)
* RBI Deputy Governor K.C. Chakrabarty will attend an event
on banking and finance. (1130 GMT)
* The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers is expected
to report that car sales in June fell for the eighth straight
month. (0500 GMT)
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
For additional press items double click
NOTE: Reuters has not verified third-party stories and does not
vouch for their accuracy.
No review of India's decision on gas pricing-oil minister -
British drug regulator recalls Wockhardt medicines - Reuters
US giant Liberty Media in talks for stake in
Bharti's DTH arm; Bharti eyes valuation over $1.5 bn - Economic
Govt plans talks on overseas debt sale after rupee slide -
Oil minister Moily says revised gas price $6.83, not $8.40 -
Major economic reforms after general elections: Montek Singh
- PTI in Economic Times
U.S. trade chief urges India to heed U.S. companies'
complaints - Reuters
Iran asks India to settle all oil payment in rupees-sources
EU to impose duty on Indian jet fuel imports following
Mideast - Reuters
India's Elder Pharma board approves business restructuring -
Sanofi emerges top bidder for Elder Pharma business -
India's May thermal coal imports up 19 pct on year - Reuters
Iraq offers 3 discovered oil blocks to India - govt -
India monsoon to revive after lull helps final planting -
India cbank clarifies rule on trade credit for imports -
India cbank extends relaxation on ECB cost ceiling till Sept
30 - Reuters
Government readies strategy to spur investment in
manufacturing - Economic Times
(Compiled by Manoj Rawal)