GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange down 0.55 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan is 0.44 percent lower.
* Asian stocks retreated from seven-week highs on Thursday as Wall Street buckled under profit-taking, while upbeat U.S. economic news helped the dollar snap a three-day slide.
* U.S. stocks mostly retreated on Wednesday as falling utility and commodity shares more than offset gains in the tech sector on Apple's solid earnings.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Earnings on Thursday: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, ITC, ACC Ltd and Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd .
* Expiry of July derivative contracts.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
For additional press items double click
* NOTE: Reuters has not verified third-party stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Holcim restructures India operations to cut costs
India's Hero MotoCorp Q1 net profit falls 10.7 pct as expected
India's Ambuja Cements Q2 net profit down 31 pct
Sanofi, Carlyle in talks to buy Elder Pharma's India formulations business-sources
Cairn India April-June net down 18.27 pct
Central Bank of India April-June net down 93.47 pct
Novartis India April-June net down 48.59 pct
India to sell $167.3 mln inflation-indexed bonds on July 29 - govt
Sebi puts rider on Jet Airways' stake sale plan to Etihad - Mint (http://link.reuters.com/juk89t)
Road min downs shutters on new projects till Nov - Financial Express (http://link.reuters.com/kuk89t)
Moody's gloomy report on India's outlook; does not see much recovery in second half - Business Standard (http://link.reuters.com/muk89t)
NTPC to pump in Rs 89 bln to develop captive coal mines - Economic Times (http://link.reuters.com/nuk89t)
Oriental Bank of Commerce hikes fixed deposit rates by up to 0.75 pct - PTI in Economic Times (http://link.reuters.com/puk89t) (Compiled by Manoj Rawal)