Lodge a claim under personal accident insurance

Last Updated: Wed, Mar 10, 2010 05:43 hrs

  • Immediately give notice of the accident to the insurance company.

  • File a First Information Report (FIR) with the local police station.

  • Submit the claim form with all the relevant supporting documents/ medical bills/ reports.

  • In event of a fatality, in addition to the FIR and the relevant supporting documents, additional documents are also needed.

    • Death certificate

    • Post-mortem report wherever applicable

    • Coroner's report

    • Inquest/ police report

    • Letter of probate/ will/ letter of administration/ succession certificate

    • Affidavit from claimant that he/ she is/ are the legal heir/ s of the deceased

    • No-objection affidavit from other relatives of the deceased towards payment to be made to the claimant

More from Sify: