B Ramalinga Raju's conviction comes six years after his letter to the Securities and Exchange Board of India on January 7, 2009 in which he admitted to cooking Satyam Computer Services' books for years.
His list of crimes include:
* Inflation of cash and bank balance of Rs 5,040 crore
* Accrued interest of Rs 376 crore that did not exist
* Understatement of liabilities of Rs 1,230 crore
* Overstatement of debtors' position of Rs 490 crore
* The company's Q2 2008-09 revenues was stated as Rs 2,700 crore as against Rs 2,100 crore
* Operating profit margin was stated as 24 per cent as against actual 3 per cent
Text: Joydeep Ghosh, Business Standard
Image: A file picture of B Ramalinga Raju, founder and chairman of Satyam Computer Services Ltd.
Image courtesy: AP