|Chennai||Rs. 25020.00 (0.81%)|
|Mumbai||Rs. 25890.00 (0.98%)|
|Delhi||Rs. 25200.00 (-0.2%)|
|Kolkata||Rs. 25480.00 (1.03%)|
|Kerala||Rs. 24800.00 (0.61%)|
|Bangalore||Rs. 25000.00 (0.81%)|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 25080.00 (1.09%)|
* Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 4 to 7 points, or 0.1 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 64.93 points, or 1.1 percent, at 5,870.54 on Tuesday, on the cusp of breaking out of its recent trading range, as investors welcomed a media report saying Germany could adopt a softer approach towards financial aid to Spain.
* Ex-dividend factors will knock 1.11 points off the FTSE 100 index on Wednesday, with BAE Systems and Capital Shopping Centres both trading without their payout attractions.
* Investors will focus on UK unemployment data, at 0830 GMT, and the outcome of the October monetary policy committee meeting, also at 0830 GMT.
* Across the Atlantic, U.S. September housing starts data is set for release at 1230 GMT.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
BHP BILLITON reports output figures
DIAGEO issues a trading update
INTERNATIONAL PERSONAL FINANCE issues a trading update
SPEEDY HIRE issues a trading update
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright)