[India], May 15 (NewsVoir): World University of Design (WUD), a UGC recognised university and India's first and only university dedicated to education in the creative domain, has announced academic collaborations with six international universities across UK, Canada and France.
The MOUs will provide international exposure and abundant opportunities to all students as a quintessential part of education at WUD.
The six international universities include University of Huddersfield, Oxford Brookes University and University of the West of Scotland in the UK, Emily Carr University of Art & Design and Vancouver Film School in Canada and École Nationale Superieure des Arts et Industries Textiles (ENSAIT) in France.
The MOUs cover the departments of fashion design, industrial design, product design, interior design, communication design, visual arts, and architecture and design management.
All partner universities have an excellent reputation and are global leaders in their respective domain.
- The University of Huddersfield has been recognised as a gold-rated University by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), UK.
- Oxford Brookes' has been ranked amongst the world's top universities in 15 individual subject areas including art and design.
- University of the West of Scotland (UWS) is ranked amongst the top three percent of universities worldwide in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018.
- Emily Carr University is Canada's top design university ranked ninth in the World by Red Dot Design Award in 2015 placing them within the top ten Design Universities in the Americas and Europe.
- Vancouver Film School is Canada's Premier Entertainment Arts School and a recognized world leader in entertainment arts education with internationally renowned alumni.
- École Nationale Superieure des Arts et Industries Textiles (ENSAIT), France a 130 year old institution that is considered the leading textile trainer responsible for educating 75 percent of all Masters in textile in France.
"WUD considers international exposure as a quintessential part of design education and intends to provide abundant opportunities to all its students, across various streams, to explore and experience the various nuances of this facet of education. There is a lot that WUD and its partner universities can offer each other. The USP of WUDs exchange programs is that they are signed with institutions that have outstanding reputation in the field of design, art and architecture," said Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Vice Chancellor, World University of Design.
"Moreover they are situated in countries that are known for their heritage and a culture that embraces creativity. The skills and attributes that one gains by studying overseas, the new perspective and willingness to put oneself outside the comfort zone will not only attract potential employers and will serve students well in all aspects of life. For those who are looking at exploring post-graduate options, WUD's strong international links opens up new opportunities around the world," he added.
The agreements will provide opportunities for collaboration between partner universities for new or existing academic programs, joint research activities, exchange of information in the form of publications and journals, academic and research reference materials.
WUDs agreements will also lay the ground for international faculty visits on campus, student exchange programs, joint workshops and joint proposals for international funding for research, collaborative projects and consultancies. (NewsVoir)