'Deadpool' to stay R-Rated after Fox-Disney merger says Bob Iger

Last Updated: Fri, Dec 15, 2017 04:47 hrs

[USA], Dec 15 (ANI): 'The Merc with a Mouth' may have joined Disney, but that doesn't mean he is planning on minding his manners at the dinner table.

In the wake of its historic acquisition of 21st Century Fox, Disney CEO Bob Iger is spending the day telling people what to expect from the company's future and if you're a 'Deadpool' fan, then we might have some good news for you.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, while addressing the media about the deal, Iger said, "It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there may be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like 'Deadpool'. As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

Fox has had big success over the past two years with R-rated Marvel movies. 'Deadpool', released in 2016, became the top-grossing 'X-Men' movie ever with USD 783 million worldwide, while this year's Logan was a commercial and critical success, with USD 616 million worldwide.

Walt Disney Pictures has previously distributed several R-rated films through their Touchstone Pictures banner, which they have been slowly phasing out lately.

The last time the studio actually produced an R-rated film was 2006's 'Apocalypto'. (ANI)



More from Sify: