[U.K.], Dec. 5 (ANI): It's official! Final season of political thriller web television series 'House of Cards' will be returning without actor Kevin Spacey.
The production of season 6 was suspended in October, following sexual assault allegations against the star.
Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos, in a statement, said the final season of the political drama will be a mere eight episodes and will not feature the 58-year-old actor.
Robin Wright will star in the concluding season, and the drama series will resume its production in early 2018, Sarandos stated.
Sarandos said that they are "excited to bring closure to fans," as the raft of sexual harassment allegations against the 'American Beauty' star had already put the series' future in doubt, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Previously in November, the streaming content giant had cut ties with the 'Baby Driver' star, saying in a statement, "Netflix will not be involved with any further production of 'House of Cards' that includes Kevin Spacey".
Additionally, director Ridley Scott also removed the actor from his upcoming film 'All the Money in the World,' with Christopher Plummer.
According to reports, the series will now be centered on Robin Wright's Claire Underwood, the wife of Spacey's character. (ANI)