All decks are cleared for the grand release of Mahesh Babu’s Khaleja. Although the court has not delivered its final judgment about the title’s ownership, it has given clearance for the release.
From Tuesday evening, prints have been started to be delivered. First batch of prints for far off places have already been sent. By Thursday morning, all the prints would have reached every nook and corner of the state and around the world.
The film has many specialties and firsts to its credit.
1. It is for the first time in the history of Telugu cinema that a big star took three years gap to release his film. Mahesh’s Athithi was released on October 18, 2007. And now his Khaleja is hitting on October 7, 2010. Never did a big star in Tollywood take such gap.
2. For the first time, a film had done about Rs 35+ Crores business in Andhra Pradesh even before its release.
3. Allu Aravind's Geeta Distribution house paying such huge amounts for a non-Chiru family hero's film is another record.
4. Using Heli-cameras (RC Helicopter Cameras) for filming action sequences is also a first for a Telugu film.
5. Yash Bhatt, young cinematographer from ad world, is making his debut through this film.