I was spared from sexual harassment says Julia Roberts

Last Updated: Fri, Nov 17, 2017 12:45 hrs

[U.S.A], November 17 (ANI): Hollywood actress Julia Roberts has revealed that she is one of the few lucky ones who have been "spared" from sexual harassment during her career.

According to People Magazine, the 50-year-old actress said, she is fortunate to have not suffered any form of sexual misconduct in the workplace.

In an interview given to a leading news channel, the Oscar-winning actress admitted her luck makes her "feel bad", because she doesn't understand why she did not face the same alleged treatment that others claim to have been subjected to.

She said, "You know, it's all so ugly in so many ways. I've never had this experience. I mean, I almost feel bad saying that because I don't know why I was spared. You hear some of these heart-wrenching, awful stories and I have a daughter, it is heartbreaking. But it's not been part of my experience."

This is not the first time Roberts has come forward to speak about the alleged misconduct of the likes of Harvey Weinstein.

She previously released a statement in support of victims after decades of allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

The 'Notting Hill' star also urged any victims of sexual abuse or harassment to turn to specialist organisations for help and support.

"If you've been subjected to any kind of abuse or harassment, there are places to go for help, including the Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN.org). Or call the National Sexual Assault Hotline 800-656-HOPE (4673)," noted Roberts. (ANI)



More from Sify: