Sify News
Web Sify
Follow us on
Give a topic: Filmfare Awards
Sify Home >> Movies >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Is Janaki right to refuse Padma Bhushan?

Singer S Janaki took a tough stand today and refused to accept her Padma Bhushan award, to protest the small number of people selected from South India. Do you agree with her stand?

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 48 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: Santa On:19/07/2013
I nvr liked old songs in my early childhood stating various foolish reasons, later heard few alongwith my mom. N now I'm more of a bigger fan than mom herself.

S Janaki n SPB are the ZenitH!!
But its strange how Indian Govt. didn't recognize this thing for so so many years. had it been a decade late its fine, but 30-40 years is RIDICULOUS !!
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: kamal On:22/02/2013
s bcoz she is one and only most versatile singer in india to sing any kind of song at any range of pitch, style and voice. it can b proven that she is one and only versatile and efficient singer in india with some of scientific inventions and can b compared to other'(of lata mangeskar, asha bonsle , susheela ,vanijayaram and chitra etc) if i get a chance i will prove that she is eligible to hundreds of doctorates and aal highest civilian awards in the world
Posted By: KK Raju On:28/01/2013
She is 100% correct.For the last 20 years I was expecting Janaki Ammas name,when the Padma awards published.Now I am sure that her decision is right.In any case ,Janaki amma ,you will be there, in the heart of the Indians for ever.
Posted By: pv gopinathan nair On:28/01/2013
I perfectly agree with her. She certainly deserves a higher award.
Posted By: MAHARAJBAIJU On:28/01/2013
After independent There is one country that is INDIA ,North side people say BHARAT whatever it is we all are Indians , But British ever separated NORTH & SOUTH , But we INDIANS always proud to say Iam a NORTH or South Indian's . these should change first from our mind. Then automatically everything will be re correct its way .
Posted By: SUNDER On:27/01/2013
PADMA,Commitee always honour medical doctors,sportsmen,and Carnatic musicians from south very much in time...Comedy actor Vivek got Padmasree at his age of 42,as he was heading Abdul kalaam movement of green plant planting...where as SRIDEVI after 46 years in filmdom since 4 year child,gets Pamasree only this year when she is 50 and she does not complain.I once again empohasis here in South large number of medical doctors and social activists are always honoured with PADMA awards in TIME!!!
Posted By: SUNDER On:27/01/2013
PADMA,Commitee always honour medical doctors,sportsmen,and Carnatic musicians from south very much in time...Comedy actor Vivek got Padmasree at his age of 42,as he was heading Abdul kalaam movement of green plant planting...where as SRIDEVI after 46 years in filmdom since 4 year child,gets Pamasree only this year when she is 50 and she does not complain.I once again empohasis here in South large number of medical doctors and social activists are always honoured with PADMA awards in TIME!!!
Posted By: jayaraman On:27/01/2013
janaki's decision is correct.the south is not given impartance during the award ceremonies.janaki should accept only bharat ratna.the goverment should realise that there equal amount of talents in south as that of the north.
Posted By: madhusudenreddy On:27/01/2013
what she did is right, we can give list like this where south legends got insulted
Posted By: venkit On:27/01/2013
It is unfortunate that a legendary Singer like S.Janaki Amma has had to reject such a honorary award. However, it is important for the Government to look at 2 pertinent points; one ignoring the people from South India for awards or any such matter and second the process of selecting right people while granting such awards.
1  2  3  4  5 
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest News
CBS event marks civil rights anniversary
Man gets 10 years to life in death of Ve
Hall of Famer Jim Brown sues over '64 ti
Review: 'Lucy' won't stretch your brain
Filmmaker Michael Moore's divorce is fin
Raj Kundra draws ire of Salman fans
More  

Most-viewed on Sify Movies
Lara & Mahesh's Goan wedding
Fashion Police targets Kollywood
The hottest lips in Bollywood!
Celebrating sexy siren Namitha
Britney Spears' hottest videos!
More 
Top Videos
MEA gives schedule of Indian leaders' meeting with foreign counterparts 
Family of deceased security personnel demands death penalty for Sabyasachi Panda 
Security personnel kill Maoist, recover arms in Jharkhand 
Mohanlalganj victim's family protests demanding CBI probe 
Paris Hilton 'can't trust any man' after sex tape leak 
More