Sify News
Web Sify
Follow us on
Give a topic: Filmfare Awards
Sify Home >> Movies >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Sanjay Dutt sentenced to five years in jail. What do you think?

The Supreme Court has pronounced its verdict: actor Sanjay Dutt is going back to prison - this time for 5 years - for his involvement in the 1993 Bombay blasts case. However, since Sanjay has already spent 18 months in jail, he will only have to do three years and six months in jail now.

Bollywood has come out in support of the actor with tweets saying that he is "a very good man who doesn't deserve this sentence" and that "he made a mistake."

Bollywood expresses its solidarity with the actor. Read the tweets.

What do you think? Has he been unfairly targetted or does he deserve the sentence handed out to him? Tell us!

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 87 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: narumanchi On:18/04/2013
Sanjay Dutt has to pay for his "karma". There is no escaping for the unpatriotic act. In fact, I would say he deserves to be hung by the lamp post.
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: Bhargav On:02/04/2013
I think the sentence is just overkill. Sanjay Dutt did not use the weapon nor was he responsible for any terror attacks. We need to consider the disturbing times during those days of riots when police couldn't control or law was not able to control. During such times, one cannot expect the law to take care of their family and do nothing. I agree that how he acquired his guns is a bad choice but he did it to protect his family. We all make mistakes during stressful periods and if illegal to carry unlicensed guns in India, then he already was punished enough all these years which this thing hanging over his head. I do not agree to this pardoning concept because it means that one is done something wrong and is asking for pardon for that act. Here, he did not commit any crime..just broke a law. For a civilized country, this is barbaric. Either retrial or have him under house-arrest with a leg monitor. If not, unfair to his tiny children. No visa to ever visit his daughter in US, sad
Posted By: Sujith Krishna On:31/03/2013
It is totally unfair on him. He should be pardoned.
Posted By: SVRKPRASAD On:28/03/2013
less try him under TADA also
Posted By: pvg nair On:27/03/2013
Sanjay Dutt is one of my favourite superstars. However, none is above the law of our country. As a law abiding citizen he should undergo the sentence as given by our Apex court. He should come out clean.
Posted By: harshad gor On:26/03/2013
Sanjay has paid his dues.Leave him alone DAM........
Posted By: sardar rasheed On:26/03/2013
I THINK JUSTICE HAS BEEN DELIVERED BCOZ EVEN HE HAS NOT DONE ANY CRIME BUT WHY A-47 RIFFLE HAS TO BE THERE IN HIS HOUSE SO I THINK WE SHOULD NOT THINK AS AN ACTOR WE SHOULD THINK AS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS POSSSSED THE THE AK-47 REIFFLE, THINK IN A BROADER WAY ALTHOUGH I HAVE MY SHYMPATHY WITH MR. SANJAY DUTT
Posted By: Vijay Vasudevan On:26/03/2013
Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their life. Sometimes good people make bad choices, It doesn't mean they're BAD...it means they're HUMAN & I feel Sanju Baba has already learnt his lesson. I feel that he SHOULD be pardoned and not make him go through such rigourous punishment, since we all know how much he's changed in all these years and moreover, he's just mellowed down and got his twins who are very little and would definitely miss their father. I know how hard it is to not have my father by my side when growing up... True that because of Sanju Baba, many did lose their lives but handing out such hard punishments to someone like Sanju Baba cannot bring back those who died then...
Posted By: Vijay Singh On:26/03/2013
Sanjay Dutt has paid for his young age's foolishness. As it always been preached to us that one should be given second chance in life. He is not terrorist and had no hand in blast so he very well deserves to be pardoned. If he commits any illegal act after this then he can be given harsher punishment then now. Pardoning him will help other confused youngsters to return back to mainstream. They will see ray of hope and not feel that there is POINT OF NO RETURN.
Posted By: Vijay Singh On:25/03/2013
Sanjay Dutt has paid for his young age's foolishness. As it always been preached he should be given second chance. He is not terrorist and had no hand in blast so very deserves to be pardoned. If he commits any illegal act after this then he can be given harsher punishment then now. Pardoning him will help other confused youngsters to return back to mainstream. They will see ray of hope and not feel that there is POINT OF NO RETURN.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest News
Kabir Suman dedicates National Award to
EL Doctorow to receive Library of Congre
Bengali film 'Jaatishwar' bags four Nati
Thiruvananthapuram to host Animation Mas
All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara
B-Town cheers National Awards
More  

Most-viewed on Sify Movies