Sify News
Web Sify
Follow us on
Give a topic: Filmfare Awards
Sify Home >> Movies >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Is it right to ban Vishwaroopam?

Kamal Haasan's ambitious Vishwaroopam has run into trouble again. Slapped with a 15-day ban in Tamil Nadu on the basis that it portrays Muslims in an unfair manner, the film's release has been further delayed.

What do you think will be the impact of this ban on the film?

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 50 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: Balaji On:31/01/2013
All the producers would now be left with no other choice than producing animated mythological stories fit for kids. Later all the characters would be nameless without any dialogues, sooner or later we will be flooded with non talkies
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: DR.SANAN On:31/01/2013
Insanity I should say. Artist like Kamal should be encouraged.
As a mark of solidarity the theatres in TN should stop screening movies till a solution is reached. Will they? I doubt.
Posted By: Dr.Sanan On:31/01/2013
Insanity I should say. Artist like Kamal should be encouraged.
As a mark of solitary, the theatres in TN should stop screening movies till a solution is reached. Will they? I doubt.
Posted By: vishnuvardhan On:30/01/2013
every indian knows that kamal is the best actor,even the cheifminister of tamilnadu knows,but there is an ego and for political drama they banned the art. sure they ll pay back.all the best for kamal and vishwaroopam.
Posted By: sabari On:29/01/2013
it is completely unfair.if the film banned then it will continue for other films from other groups for their popularity.
Posted By: Jan On:29/01/2013
of course not...this is a political play of CM and followers, which makes me sad for all Tamil people around the world.
This Issue nothing to do with the movie...we need a new CM, and this time one Tamilian
Posted By: K.VENKTACHALAM On:29/01/2013
No
Posted By: R.Jayaprakash On:29/01/2013
ban kamal's movie is not right. He has done a techy movie, so don't hurt him further.
Thease are are politial dramas. All muslims are not aganist this flim
Posted By: Mansoor On:28/01/2013
I am a muslim
I find it offensive and unacceptable to ban a film which probably portrays a semblance of what is actually happening in reality .
Movies are for entertainment , they are not documentaries on the History channel
A few misinformed idiots have taken it upon themselves to speak for the vast majority.
The ban of this film is against the CBFC. TN government should compensate the producer and distributor of this film
Let us remain secular , infact India has seen more brutal violence than what is actually shown in films .
I am sure that Mr Kamal Hassan will rise above this political fiasco and go on to achieve greater accolades in his career and life
I wish him all the best.
I salute his patience, perseverance and tenacity
Mansoor
Posted By: Kamal roy On:28/01/2013
People are still not secular to accept the fact, How Tamil nadu government ban the movie without consulting the senior icons. is there any rift between kamal and state govenment
1  2  3  4  5 
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest News
Waltrip balances racing with dancing on
E! says 'Fashion Police' will continue
Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
Daughter calls Utah doctor a monster at
'Ghostlight' proves Buckley not bound by
Gospel stars tour after recent operation
More  

Most-viewed on Sify Movies
Lara & Mahesh's Goan wedding
Fashion Police targets Kollywood
The hottest lips in Bollywood!
Celebrating sexy siren Namitha
Britney Spears' hottest videos!
More 
Top Videos
South Asia Newsline - 19 September 2014 
South Asia Newsline - 19 September 2014 
India hails Indian American Richard Verma's nomination as new US envoy to India  
PM Modi meets senior ministers to discuss 'Clean India Mission' 
Health Minister praises Kerala CM for reducing liquor availability 
More