Sify News
Web Sify
Follow us on
Give a topic: Filmfare Awards
Sify Home >> Movies >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Pay your respects to Sukumari

One of Malayalam cinema's most loved actresses, Sukumari, passed away on March 26 at a hospital in Chennai.

The 73-year-old actress died of cardiac arrest. She had been admitted to hospital after an accident in the puja room left her with severe burns.

A brilliant actress with a ready smile and twinkling eyes, we will miss her terribly.

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 22 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: Ragunathan On:27/03/2013
Such a fine actress and it was a good feeling to watch her on sceen as a sister, loving mother or aunt. Sensible acting and lovely smile. RIP Sukumari
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: venkat On:27/03/2013
R.I.P. Sukumari Amma... commendable performance in Mahesh starrer 'Murari.'
Posted By: Saiprasad On:27/03/2013
There is a strange vaccum since evening yesterday after learning about Smt Sukumari's demise.

I am a connoisseur of movies and watch movies of any language that is there under the sun.

She was a delight to watch on the screen and possessed a rare quality of holding the gaze of the audience during her presence on the screen which only a few have the ability. Her ability to emote effortlessly, liveliness, her repertoire of roles - serious, comedy, drama, dance oriented etc etc is note worthy.

While she was 73 yrs beyond her prime. Actors of her pedigree are hard to find and they have set a high reference point, would be hard to emulate. It is in many ways a loss to the film industry.

Pray for her soul to rest in peace and God give strength to her son, family and friends to bear this irrevocable loss
Posted By: rachel On:27/03/2013
She was a great Actoress. with Some of her movies she proved that she is a blessed actoress . A great loss for Malayalam cinema
Posted By: swe On:27/03/2013
my condolensces to Sukumari
Posted By: SUNDAR On:27/03/2013
let her soul rest in heaven
Posted By: rajendran k On:27/03/2013
One of the best actress in sourth
Posted By: Vijayakumar On:27/03/2013
A good actor , Versatile always, what ever role she takes. More over I used to feel the Motherly touch when ever I see her in the movie. A great Loss. May he soul rest in peace. Mam we loved you so much
Posted By: Joseph On:26/03/2013
I have always loved Sukumari in all her movies and has been ever since. I was stunned to hear the news. She'll always be an inspiration t movie-buffs like me.
"A brilliant actress with a ready smile and twinkling eyes, we will miss her terribly." Indeed true. May god bless her soul. Rest in eternal peace, ma'am. We'll always love you...
Posted By: Anish On:26/03/2013
May her soul rest in peace
1  2  3 
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest News
Correction: Obit-James Garner story
Met Opera workers say they hope to avert
Keith Urban: 'Horrified' by alleged rape
Manny Roth, founder of Café Wha?, dead
Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
Stars willing to risk opinions on Gaza c
More  

Most-viewed on Sify Movies
Lara & Mahesh's Goan wedding
Fashion Police targets Kollywood
The hottest lips in Bollywood!
Celebrating sexy siren Namitha
Britney Spears' hottest videos!
More 
Top Videos
SC gives Subrata Roy 10 working days to sell properties for bail 
Vijay Goel clarifies controversial speech over migrants from UP and Bihar in Delhi 
3 killed in blast in Goalpara of Assam 
Narendra Modi to visit Nepal on August 3 and 4: MEA 
'Derogatory' article on Modi, Jaya on Lankan Defence website removed after uproar  
More