It's Teacher's Day today and Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan tweeted a list of ten life lessons (and some life hacks) calling it his 'ten silly teachings'. They were to be taken in jest though, he warned us.
So, here are Ten Principles to live your life well by Shah Rukh Khan, with some additions by our in-house philosophers.
1. The fewer the facts u have… the stronger will be ur opinion.
Indeed. As Sam Neill's character says in Dean Spanley, "Only the closed mind is certain".
2. The only person who can get all his work done by Friday is Robinson Crusoe…the rest cant so don’t be hard on urself. Enjoy the weekend
Hear, hear! If you haven't got your work done by the middle of the week, it's not going to get any better. Postpone it to next week like an expert procrastinator.
3. Women do come with instructions… all u need to do is ask them and more importantly HEAR them.
Sorry, Mr. Khan. If a girl needs to explain her working instructions to you, you're too dumb for her.
4. Gırls, men who use Emoticons in their msgs r extremely ‘cute’ and extremely avoıdable…they r EMOtıonally CONfuse
Or probably open about their emotions. It's hard to say. Deciphering text messages with abbreviated words and emoticons is hard.
5. Once in a while look up at the sky and say a thanx for the moon…the sun…the stars and the satellites…for the connectivity
Is Mr. Khan referring to a cosmic connection? Or just Internet connectivity? We're not sure.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it, said Paolo Coelho, but it never seemed to work for me. Perhaps the universe is angry with me.
6. Its advisable to pick ur friends…ur profession…ur choices…but just don’t pick ur nose…ever
Because, you know, the nose you were born with is the perfect fit. Mr. Khan makes a scathing comment on the worrying trend of increasing cosmetic procedures in the industry he works in.
7. At ur daughters dance show, u will miss half her performance cos u wıll mıstake sum other lıl girl onstage for ur daughter & look at her
Do little girls really look that alike? I'm not a father so I wouldn't know. Let's take his word for it.
8. Becos u only see ‘beware of dog’ signs & never a ‘Nice Dog’ sign outside rich ppls houses…does not mean dogs r not nice. They are.
Dogs are awesome. And most 'Beware of Dog' signs are put up by misanthropists and recluses.
9. As soon we attract enuff attention in the world to play a part in it, we r set rolling like a ball which will never again be at rest.
Thought First World Problems were annoying? Here's something worse: Celebrity Problems.
10. Make 5 pıeces of work (fılms ın my case) u wıll be remembered for…and learn one song to play on the guıtar.
Or make one masterpiece and you'll be remembered for generations.