-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. AL-JAZEERA CHASING AMERICAN VIEWERS
The Pan-Arab network seals a deal to take over Al Gore's Current TV.
2. CLINTON LEAVES HOSPITAL
She'll continue to be treated with blood thinners to dissolve a clot in a vein in her head.
3. FOR LAWMAKERS, BARELY TIME TO TAKE A BREATH
The fiscal cliff deal only sets the stage for more combustible struggles in Washington.
4. INVESTORS JUMP INTO STOCKS
The Dow roars up more than 300 points, despite the many unanswered questions left by the budget compromise.
5. WHERE GOOGLE'S CEO IS VISITING
Eric Schmidt will travel to North Korea, one of the last frontiers of cyberspace, on a private humanitarian mission.
6. BOEHNER HASTENS TO ACT AFTER GOP FIRESTORM
Bowing to angry members of his own party, the House speaker agrees to schedule votes on roughly $60 billion in aid for superstorm victims.
7. WHY SYRIA'S DEATH TOLL IS RISING
Violence escalates as rebels push their fight closer to Assad's stronghold in Damascus.
8. RENEWED CALLS TO REIN IN THE PAPARAZZI
The death of a photographer taking pictures of Justin Bieber's car brings the dangers of the industry into sharp focus.
9. PATTI PAGE, TOP SONGSTRESS OF YESTERYEAR, DIES
The singer of "Tennessee Waltz," the first pop-to-country crossover hit, was to be honored at the Grammys.
10. WHICH NFL TEAM IS A LOCK
The AP's Barry Wilner anoints Green Bay as his best bet this weekend as the playoffs begin.