-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. PRESIDENT MAKING CASE FOR MILITARY STRIKE
American retaliation for Syrian chemical use would send a "strong signal," he says.
2. QUESTIONS ARISE ABOUT STRENGTH OF US INTEL
The evidence linking Assad or his inner circle to the purported chemical weapons attack so far is no "slam dunk," officials tell the AP.
3. OBAMA: KING'S DREAM NOT YET REALITY
On the 50th anniversary of the civil rights leader's famous speech, the president also challenges new generations to seize the cause of racial equality.
4. HUNGRY FOR HIGHER PAY
Thousands of fast-food workers seeking better wages are set to stage walkouts in dozens of cities around the
5. WHO'S NOT HITTING THE ROAD
After rising for decades, total vehicle use in the U.S. — the collective miles people drive — peaked in 2007.
6. MONTANA JUDGE STANDS BY 30-DAY JAIL TERM FOR RAPIST
He has said the 14-year-old victim was as much in control as the former teacher who assaulted her. The girl later killed herself.
7. WHAT'S TOPS AMONG ILLEGAL DRUGS
It's pot. But a global survey also finds that addictions to painkillers like Vicodin, Oxycontin and codeine kill the most people.
8. DOCTOR: JACKSON SOUGHT PROPOFOL YEARS AGO
She says she refused the singer's late 1990s request, telling him the drug wasn't appropriate as a sleep aid.
9. HOW JOHNNY MANZIEL IS BEING PUNISHED
The QB, who signed autographs for memorabilia brokers, will be forced to sit out the first half of Texas A&M's season-opener Saturday against Rice.
10. JAMES BLAKE'S CAREER COMES TO A CLOSE
The American suffers a five-set loss to Croatia's Ivo Karlovic. Blake announced earlier that the U.S. Open would be his last pro tournament.