-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. NEW YORK REACTS TO SCHOOL MASSACRE
Getting a jump on the federal government, the state enacts the toughest gun restrictions in the nation.
2. WHO'S BEING BLAMED FOR SYRIAN DEATHS
Activists say government airstrikes killed 80 people at a university in Syria's largest city. State media blame rebel rockets.
3. A WAY FOR ARMSTRONG TO GET BACK IN THE GAME
The World Anti-Doping Agency says he must confess under oath if he wants to reduce his lifetime ban from sports.
4. HOUSE OKS BILLIONS FOR SANDY VICTIMS
Aid approval comes 2½ months after the superstorm tore parts of the Northeast asunder.
5. AN UNSETTLING FLU STAT
Twenty flu-related deaths have been reported among children already this winter.
6. FIND IT ON FACEBOOK
The social network, aiming to compete better with Google and other rivals, unveils a new search feature.
7. OBAMA TO MORSI: TAKE IT BACK
The president demands that the Egyptian leader repudiate "deeply offensive" remarks about Jews.
8. WHERE MARK SANFORD IS SETTING HIS SIGHTS
The disgraced ex-governor of South Carolina will announce on Wednesday that he's running for the House.
9. ANOTHER SIGN OF A THAWING CUBA
Dissidents say the government is promising to let them come and go freely.
10. WHY 'AMERICAN IDOL' HAS HIGH RATINGS HOPES
The show, which returns Wednesday, is shelling out $36 million for superstar judges.