Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

2.66 lakh MT additional non-levy sugar released

Source : IBNS
Last Updated: Wed, Jul 25, 2012 19:20 hrs

New Delhi, July 25 (IBNS) The Government on Wednesday said it has decided to convert levy sugar stock for the sugar seasons 2008-09 and 2009-10 to the extend of 2.66 lakh MT into non-levy sugar to be sold by the concerned sugar mills by August.

"This would make available an additional non-levy sugar quantity of about 2.66 lakh MT for sale by August," said a government statement.

The Government has also amended the sale conditions relating to release of quarterly non-levy quota for the quarter June to September under which a quantity of 45 lakh tons of sugar was released with the condition that "The sugar factory shall sell and deliver/dispatch the entire non-levy quantity of 45 lakh tons released for the quarter July, 2012 to September, 2012 within the validity period of the release order ie. from July,2012 to September, 2012".



"The sugar mills should sell not less than 25% of the quarterly quota in each month of the quarter and that the remaining 25% can be sold at any time during the quarter as per their commercial prudence," the government had previously said.

It has now been decided to amend the sale condition that reads: "Each sugar mill shall sell at 30% of the non-levy sale quota in the month of July,2012 and at least 70% of the quota in the month of July and August,2012. The remaining 30% to be sold off during September,2012."

It is also stipulated that any body found selling less than monthly quantity as prescribed above would face conversion of unsold non-levy quantity into levy sugar.

More from Sify:
blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news