Mumbai: A Mumbai court Wednesday issued non-bailable arrest warrants against 12 more accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case in the matter of the terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and a key handler, Sayed Zabiuddin Anzari alias Abu Jundal, an official said here.
All the wanted accused against whom the warrants have been issued are said to be in Pakistan, Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said.
The accused include Major Sameer, Commander Yakub and Sajid Mir alias Vashi, Nikam informed mediapersons.
Earlier, there were 35 absconder accused and the number has now gone up to 47.
According to investigators, Sajid was present at a control room set up in Pakistan during the Mumbai terror attacks.
Ten armed terrorists had attacked multiple locations in Mumbai between Nov 26 and Nov 29, 2008, leaving 166 dead and injuring hundreds others.
The latest development follows filing of a draft charge-sheet against Jundal last month by Mumbai Police for his alleged involvement in the 26/11 and other terror cases in the country.
A native of Beed in Maharashtra, Jundal had confessed to getting training in Pakistan in LeT camps which enjoyed full support from the police and paramilitary organisations there.
Jundal was deported from Saudi Arabia in June 2012 and arrested by the Delhi Police for his involvement in several terror incidents across India.
He fled Maharashtra in May 2006 to enter Bangladesh from where, with the help of an Inter-Services Intelligence agent, he sneaked into Pakistan under an assumed name.
Besides the 26/11 case, Jundal is also accused of involvement in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case and the 2010 German Bakery explosion in Pune.
The new development in the 26/11 terror case comes nearly two years after a Special Court completed the trial against the sole terrorist nabbed alive, Ajmal Amir Kasab, who was hanged in Pune Nov 21, 2012.