WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

40 dead after consuming 'Toxic' cough syrup in Pakistan

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Sat, Dec 29, 2012 11:20 hrs

Five more people died in Pakistan's Punjab province after drinking the 'poisonous' cough syrup, raising the death toll to 40.

Sources in the Civil Hospital, Gujranwala, disclosed that over eight patients are in critical condition.

Seventeen people died in November this year after consuming cough syrup Tyno in Lahore, the Express Tribune reports.

As a result, some pharmacy stores holding stock of this medicine were sealed and some people were arrested.

All the recent victims reportedly consumed a cough syrup being sold under the name 'Dextromethorphan'.

The substance dextromethorphan has been identified as an active ingredient in Tyno cough syrup. (ANI)




blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news