Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

60 people fall sick in Kolkata after gas leak

Source : PTI
Last Updated: Thu, Mar 14, 2013 18:34 hrs

Kolkata: At least 60 people fell sick after inhaling toxic chlorine gas in north Kolkata's Chitpore area today.

According to police, the gas had leaked out of a cylinder in a godown around 4 pm creating panic as people developed breathing problems and eye irritation.

The victims were admitted to the state-run RG Kar Hospital and Medical College.

Several fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire fighters later sealed the leaking cylinder.


More from Sify:
blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news