WebSify
Follow us on
login
Print

BlackBerry burns boy!

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Wed, Dec 05, 2012 12:24 hrs
BlackBerry smartphones are displayed at a store in Seoul

London: An 11-year-old boy in the UK has suffered serious burns after a BlackBerry smartphone appeared to burst into flames and set fire to his bed.

Kian McCreath, 11, fled from his bedroom screaming 'my bed is on fire' after flames engulfed him in the middle of the night while he slept last weekend.

His mother Sarah, 39, awoke to her son's screams after the new BlackBerry device, bought as a gift for his brother, Mason, malfunctioned and spontaneously combusted, the Telegraph reports.

According to the paper, the family is now demanding the popular BlackBerry Curve 9320 mobile is recalled from shops in time for Christmas.

Meanwhile, Research in Motion (RIM), the manufacturers behind BlackBerry, confirmed that an internal investigation had been launched as "a priority". 



blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news