WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Sharad Yadav, Nilotpal Basu question security lapse

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Mon, May 27, 2013 12:30 hrs

Two days after Naxals wiped out a majority of the Congress leadership in Chhattisgarh's Bastar District, opposition leaders, while expressing their shock over the tragedy, simultaneously questioned the security lapse that led to the deaths of 28 people and injuries to more than 30 others.

In Gurgaon, after visiting a critically injured former cabinet minister Vidya Charan Shukla, Janata Dal-United president Sharad Yadav described the latter as a brave man who was fighting with his pain.

He further said that Saturday's Naxal attack was brutal in nature, and called on both the state and central governments to deal with the case in a strict and firm manner.

"The point is why did this happen when nothing of this sort has happened in the state before," he said

Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Nilotpal Basu called for a high-level enquiry

"So many people killed and injured. This is a danger to our society. This was a very sad incident. I think the question of NCTC (National Counter-Terrorism Centre) is different , as it will take in count the issues of law and order issues," he said.

Chhattisgarh Agriculture Minister Chandrashekhar Sahu described the May 25 Naxal attack as a very sad and unfortunate incident.

"I would want the Prime Minister to visit the state. No one knows what the future holds for us. This is an attack on the democracy of the country. This is a challenge and we should fight it together. An investigation is on to assess how such an incident happened. We should not politicise the issue," he said.

Brijmohan Agarwal, spokesman for the Chhattisgarh Government, said in Raipur: "This attack has shaken the roots of Indian politics. We should take it as a challenge and fight back with full force. We should not politicise this incident."

"The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has been given the responsibility to investigate, and if there were flaws , then the NIA will unveil it , but I would request all of you not to politicise this issue," he added.

Congress spokesman Bhakta Charan Das said that he was short of words in describing his thoughts on the tragic incident.

"This was a fully planned incident. I am unable to understand the motive behind this. All this is very sad. What could had been done, what was done, is a big question now. This incident has obstructed development also. This attack was on the Congress, next time it can be some other party," he said. (ANI)



blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news