Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Four die of suffocation in Ghaziabad

Source : IANS
Last Updated: Mon, Jan 07, 2013 14:20 hrs

Ghaziabad, Jan 7 (IANS) Four security guards died due to asphyxiation in two separate incidents here, police said Monday.

Vivek, 26, a resident of Hardoi and Mahendra, 50, a resident of Farukhhabad -- both security guards at Ryan International School here -- had lit a coal-fired stove (angeethi) and kept it inside their cabin. They were found unconscious in the morning and declared dead when taken to hospital, police said

In a similar incident, two security guards at a rubber tube manufacturing company in Sahibabad area also lit an 'angeethi' to warm themselves and dozed off inside their cabin. The two -- identified as Radhey Krishna Pandey and Shri Krishna -- were found dead in the morning.

Doctors at the Narendra Mohan Hospital, where they were taken, said both suffocated due to lack of oxygen in the cabin.

Superintendent of Police (SP) Shiv Shankar Yadav said the bodies of the four victims have been sent for post-mortem.




More from Sify:
blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news