South Korea on Friday said the remaining seven of its workers present at a jointly-run industrial complex in North Korea will return to the country on Friday, reports said.
"The complete withdrawal cast clouds over the fate of the Kaesong Industrial Complex just north of the heavily fortified border, which was the last remaining symbol of inter-Korean cooperation," South Korea´s Yonhap news agency reported.
The workers will return to South Korea at around 5:30 pm (8:30 GMT).
"An understanding was reached on settling outstanding payment with the North Korean side that will permit the South Koreans to cross back over the border at 5:30 pm," a South Korean government official told Yonhap news agency.
"Two South Korean vehicles loaded with cash will head to the North to make the payments demanded by Pyongyang," the official said.
South Korea last month decided to withdraw rest of its workers from the industrial complex after North Korea rejected its offer for a talk to restart operations at the Kaesong Industrial Complex.
Rising tensions on the Korean peninsula, North Korea on Apr 11 warned the US and South Korea that war can break out any moment.
Reacting to Americas use of nuclear-capable B-2 bombers in joint South Korean military drills, North Korea has threatened to attack the United States military bases in South Korea and Pacific and put its rocket units on standby.