Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Saturday said that the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and the local police of Hyderabad would work together and crack the case of the recent twin bomb blasts that rocked the city on February 21.
"When I visited the blast site the second day, I had taken our NIA team with us, and the local police were also present there. As far as possible, we don't want to put pressure on any state," Shinde told media on the sidelines of an event here.
"We had expressed the desire that our NIA team and the local police should work together on this. Both of them are working over it," he added, when asked to comment on reports that the Union Home Ministry has asked the Andhra Pradesh Government to hand over the Hyderabad blasts probe to the NIA.
Shinde earlier on February 22 said the government shall make all possible efforts to apprehend the perpetrators and masterminds behind the Hyderabad twin blasts and ensure that they are punished as per the law.
"I extend my heartfelt condolences for the bereaved families who lost their near and dear ones in the blasts. The Government is committed to combat such cowardly terror attack and it shall make all possible efforts to apprehend the perpetrators and masterminds behind the blasts and ensure that they are punished as per the law," he said in a statement in Parliament on the Hyderabad blasts.
Two powerful near simultaneous blasts had ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area on February 21.
The blasts triggered by Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) tied to two bicycles took place at two sites 100 metres apart outside a roadside eatery near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in the area located on the Hyderabad-Vijaywada national highway in Cyberabad police limits. (ANI)