New Delhi, Dec 10 (IBNS) Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Monday presented the Monthly Report Card of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MEA).
Following is the text of his statement at his monthly press conference held in New Delhi on Monday:
"As a follow up of the announcement made by the Prime Minister of India during the 6th East Asia Summit (EAS) held in Indonesia in November 2011, the East-India Summit (EAS) -India Disaster Management Workshop-2012 was organised on 8th and 9th November, 2012 in New Delhi. I inaugurated this workshop on 8th November, 2012. The workshop was attended by the officials of the National Disaster Management Authorities of the East Asia Summit (EAS) Member countries including India, delegates from International Organizations, officials and experts from various Ministries, States, and Technical Institutions in India.
2. On 19th November, 2012, Ms. Nancy Powell, Ambassador of USA to India met me to discuss bilateral security matters of mutual interest.
3. I chaired the 25th Meeting of Southern Zonal Council held on 16.11.2012 at Bangalore in which representatives of Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry participated.
4. On 27th November 2012, a Government of United Kingdom delegation led by Ms. Theresa May, Home Minister met me to discuss bilateral security matters of mutual interest.
5. On 4th December 2012, Dr. Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir, Minister of Home Affairs, Government of Bangladesh met me to discuss the security and border management related issues between the two countries.
6. On November 7th 2012, Unlawful Activities Prevention Tribunal consisting of Mr. Justice V.K. Jain, a sitting Judge of High Court of Delhi, has confirmed the Ministry of Home Affairs' Notification dated May 14, 2012 proscribing the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) as Unlawful Association under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, 1967.
7. Appointment of Judge(s) have been made to preside over the National Investigation Agency's Special Courts for Lucknow, Shimla, Kavarati, Patna, North Goa, Silvasa, Diu and Daman during the month.
8. On November 20, 2012, a case against the members of proscribed terrorist organization PREPAK/UPPK has been entrusted to NIA under the NIA Act, 2008 for investigation. These operatives have raised funds through extortion and other illegal acts for running terrorist activities at various places including Delhi, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata and Patna for waging war against the State.
9. On the occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanti, Jatha of about 3000 Sikh pilgrims were sent to Gurudwaras in Pakistan from November 23 to December 2, 2012.
10. During the month, the notifications for banning the Hynniewtrap National Liberation Council (HNLC) w.e.f. 16.11.2012, the National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) w.e.f. 23.11.2012 and the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) w.e.f. 27.11.2012 under Unlawful Activities (prevention) Act, 1967 were issued.
Jammu & Kashmir
11. 12th meeting of Project Appraisal Committee was held on November 5, 2012 in which proposals of SREI SAHAJ e-Village Limited and BHEL under the Special Industry Initiatives (SII) Scheme for J&K were approved.
Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
12. During November, 2012 Rs.36.91 crore for acquisition of land and Rs.161.75 crore for construction of office/residential buildings were sanctioned to CAPFs.
13. On November 1, 2012, the Cabinet Committee on Security approved the proposal to designate the retired Central Armed Police Force Personnel from Central Reserve Police Force, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Indo-Tibetan Border Police and Sashtra Seema Bal as "Ex-Central Armed Police Force personnel" ("Ex-CAPF personnel").
14. During the month, 1093 NDRF personnel were deployed along with 119 Boats, Vehicles, Medical First Responder and collapsed Structure Search and Rescue, and other equipments in Assam, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Bihar and New Delhi for response and relief activities as a result of Disaster /Disaster like situation. NDRF personnel carried out the rescue and relief in the area of deployment in co-ordination with the State authorities and rescued/evacuated 6351 persons and retrieved 8 dead bodies.
15. In November, 2012, the President of India accorded assent to the Bombay Prevention of Fragmentations and Consolidation of Holdings (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2011 and the Himachal Pradesh Tenancy and Land Reforms (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
16. During the month, the Integrated Online Visa Application System (under the Mission Mode Project on Immigration Visa and Foreigners` Registration and Tracking) was operationalized in Indian Missions at Astana in Kazakhstan; Almaty in Kazakhstan; Brasilia in Brazil; Manila in Philippines; and Kathmandu in Nepal. This facility is now operational at 98 Indian Missions abroad.
17. A Border Conference between Inspector General of Border Security Force (BSF) and DDG, Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) was held from 5th to 8th November, 2012.
18. Installation of CCTV systems at Karkardooma District Court and South Avenue have been completed.
19. During the month of November 2012, approval for incurring Plan Schemes expenditure of Rs.264.42 crore for the current Financial Year was conveyed to Delhi Police for construction Police Stations, Staff quarters, etc.
Workshop of SAARC Countries
20. As was announced in the Home Ministers Meeting held at Maldives from 24th to 26th September, 2012, a Workshop of the representatives of SAARC Countries for capacity building in combating the Human Trafficking was held at New Delhi from 19th to 20th November, 2012, in which representatives of all SAARC Member Countries participated.
21. Under the CCTNS project, till November 2012 contracts for System Integrators have been signed in 27 states / UTs, advance payment to BSNL has been made in 25 States /UTs and Service Level Agreement (SLA) with BSNL for Networking Solution has been signed in 26 States /UTs."