WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Strauss-Kahn's rape accuser to ink multi-million-dollar settlement to end civil lawsuit

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Mon, Dec 10, 2012 05:53 hrs

The New York hotel maid, who claimed that she was sexually assaulted by Dominique Strauss Kahn, is set to ink a multi-million settlement to end her civil suit against the former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief.

In a sign that a deal is imminent, Bronx Supreme Court Justice Douglas McKeon has ordered up an interpreter for the maid, Nafissatou Diallo, a Guinean immigrant, a court official said this weekend.

The settlement would bring a end to an saga that ended the career of the would-be French President.

According to the New York Daily News, a person familiar with the matter said that the terms of the settlement are unclear because the parties have signed a confidentiality agreement.

In May, 2011, Diallo claimed Strauss-Kahn forced her to perform oral sex when he was a guest at the midtown Sofitel Hotel where she worked.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance eventually dropped the criminal case, citing inconsistencies in Diallo's statements, so she sued Strauss Kahn in civil court.

In May, Strauss Kahn countersued, accusing Diallo, 33, of ruining his reputation.

According to the paper, last week, lawyers reached the broad outlines of a deal, sources said, though Strauss Kahn's team denied a published report that he would shell out 6 million dollars. (ANI)



blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news