Three die in China acid leak

Last Updated: Sun, Mar 03, 2013 02:30 hrs

Beijing, March 3 (IANS) Three people died when 2,000 cubic metres of sulphuric acid leaked from a storehouse in a Chinese village, authorities said Saturday.

The exact number of casualties in the incident, which occurred in Liaoning province during afternoon, was yet to be established, Xinhua quoted an official as saying.

The acid leaked from a family-run storehouse and contaminated nearby areas, making it hard for rescuers to approach. Two villagers were found dead at the site and another perished in hospital, the official added.

More from Sify: