Aarushi: Guard reveals important info

Last Updated: Wed, Sep 05, 2012 18:05 hrs

A security guard on Saturday deposed before a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and revealed some important information on the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.

Virendra Singh told judge S Lal that ´no outsider´ entered the Talwars´ residence on the night when Aarushi Talwar and domestic help Hemraj were murdered.

Singh said he received a call on May 16, 2008 from the Talwars´ house number L-32 and the person who was speaking on the intercom-phone line asked him to send a guard to his residence as a ´big problem´ had occurred.

He said he reached Talwars´ house and saw a maid sitting outside the house who told him that a servant had fled away after murdering the girl.

He said Aarushi´s father Rajesh Talwar told him that the servant (Hemraj) killed his daughter and escaped from the crime scene.

Another witness reportedly told the court he painted Talwars´ residence more than a year after the murders took place.

Public prosecutor R K Saini had contended that the wooden portion of the house was ´soon´ painted in an attempt to destroy evidences.

Former Uttar Pradesh Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) KK Gautam, who is a key accused in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, has also revealed some crucial information on the teenager´s murder case.

He told the court that a man had called him up and asked him to not to mention the ´rape´ angle in the post-mortem report.

Gautam on Thursday told the court that the man, who called him, was Aarushi´s uncle Dinesh Talwar´s friend Dr Sushil Chaudhary.

Gautam said: "Dr Chaudhary told me rape should not be mentioned in the post-mortem. But I told him that I cannot help."

He said Dinesh also refused to give Noida Police the keys to the terrace door.

Pertinently, the body of Hemraj, Talwars´ domestic help, was found on the terrace.

Gautam said Dinesh said he did not know Hemraj when the body of the domestic help was recovered.

Pertinently, the Supreme Court on August 13 rejected the bail plea of dentist Nupur Talwar in connection to the case.

The apex court will again take up the matter for hearing on September 17.

The CBI opposed Nupur´s bail.

Aarushi´s mother Nupur surrendered before the Ghaziabad court on April 30. She has been in jail since then.

Teenager Aarushi Talwar was found dead, with her throat slit, at the Talwar residence in Noida in the morning of May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj, Talwars´ domestic help, was found on the terrace the next day.

The case has since spiralled into one of the country´s biggest unsolved cases, with a prolonged investigation marked by admissions of lack of evidence and dramatic twists.

Dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar maintained that they are innocent, and are being framed by the CBI since the agency has not been able to track down the real killers.

More from Sify: