Boy dies after visit to dentist

Last Updated: Thu, Feb 07, 2013 05:35 hrs

Bangalore: A three-year-old boy died allegedly due to an overdose of anaesthesia administered by a dentist during a surgical procedure at a private clinic here today, police said.

Shirish was taken to the clinic after he complained of severe toothache and died after he underwent a surgical procedure for the problem.

The enraged parents and relatives of the boy beat up the dentist and protested in front of the clinic.

Deputy Superintendent of Police (South-East) division P S Harsha rushed to the spot and asked the parents to a file a complaint.

"I am still awaiting a complaint from the parents. We will accordingly file a case of death due to negligence against the doctor. We are also awaiting a medical report after which we will initiate appropriate action against the doctor," he said.

More from Sify: