A special CBI court has extended the judicial remand of YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and others accused in connection with alleged quid-pro-quo deals in a disproportionate assets case till May 13.
Reddy and the others accused, including ex-minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasada and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy (all accused in Vanpic aspect of the Jagan assets case) are currently lodged in Hyderabad's Chanchalguda Prison.
They were produced before the CBI court through video-conferencing on Monday.
Andhra Pradesh Minister Dhramana Prasad Rao, who is also an accused in the case, also appeared before the court.
Jaganmohan Reddy was arrested by CBI on corruption charges on May 27, 2012.
The court had last Saturday rejected Jaganmohan Reddy and his financial advisor and another accused Vijay Sai Reddy's plea, to treat the fifth chargesheet filed against Dalmia Cements as the last one in the case.
The CBI has accused Reddy of getting huge investments from various individuals and firms into his businesses as quid pro quo for the favours granted by the Andhra Pradesh government that was headed by his father and former chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy before his death in a helicopter crash in 2009.
The central agency has so far filed five charge sheets, besides two supplementary charge sheets, against Jagan and others.
The court has also extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till May 13.
In a related development, the court also extended the judicial remand of Emaar scam accused Sunil Reddy till May 13.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court has sought the CBI's response on a bail plea filed by Jaganmohan Reddy.
An apex court bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam asked the CBI to file its response and posted the case for hearing on May 6.
Jaganmohan Reddy has moved the apex court challenging the Andhra Pradesh High Court's January 24 order refusing to grant him bail in the case.
In October last year, the apex court had dismissed Reddy's bail plea in the case. While dismissing the bail application, the apex court had said that the petitioner was open to renew his bail before the trial court "on completion of the investigation by CBI" on certain aspects.
The CBI had told the court that it would be filing a final charge sheet on Sandur Power, Bharati/Raghuram Cements, Dalmia Cements, India Cements and Kolkata-based suitcase companies allegedly sending money into Reddy's companies, including Lepakshi knowledge hub project and Indu Projects. (ANI with inputs)