Following are June 10 2015 Current Affairs
Government to bring Ordinance to amend Negotiable Instruments Act
- The Cabinet has decided to bring in an ordinance to amend the Negotiable Instruments Act, which provides for filing of cheque bounce cases in place where the cheque was issued, a move that will benefit 18 lakh people.
- The Supreme Court had passed a judgement that if you receive a cheque from someone and the cheque gets bounced, then the jurisdiction for initiating action lies in the state where it was issued.
- 18 lakh such cases in various courts are pending. Government had brought a Bill in this regard in Parliament, but it was not passed from Rajya Sabha. So to give relief to these people government has brought this ordinance.
Pakistan Holds Legislative Assembly Elections in Gilgit-Baltistan
- Despite of objections by India, Pakistan holds legislative assembly elections in Gilgit-Baltistan.
- India reacted against the elections and said it is an attempt by Pakistan to camouflage its forcible and illegal occupation of the regions which are integral part of the country.
NCR gets bigger; Jind, Karnal and Muzaffarnagar districts added
- The sprawl of the National Capital Region (NCR) just got bigger as the nod has been given for the inclusion of Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh and the Jind and Karnal districts of Haryana as part of the conurbation.
- Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu announced the decision for including the three districts in NCR after chairing a meeting today of the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) here.
- Naidu said that a committee has been appointed to look into the demands for the inclusion of more areas in NCR.
- The Union minister said that before including any area, the view of the particular state government will also have to be taken.
- Haryana Chief Minister Khattar said that with the inclusion of Jind and Karnal in NCR, 57 per cent of the state's area had become part of the entity.
Kapil Mishra to Succeed Jitender Tomar as Delhi's Law Minister
- Delhi Jal Board vice chairman Kapil Mishra will succeed Jitender Tomar as Delhi's law minister. A letter has been sent to the president in this regard.
- Mr Tomar had stepped down on Tuesday after being arrested over allegations that he had faked his law degree.
- Mr Mishra, the legislator from northeast Delhi's Karawal Nagar, was placed in the crucial Jal Board to help realise the Aam Aadmi Party's election promise of providing cheap water to Delhiites.
41st G-7 nations agree to space out fossil fuels by 2100
- Group of seven wealthy democracies had agreed that the world should phase out the fossil fuel usage by the end of this century, as according to German Chancellor Angela Merkel. "Decarbonise the global economy in the course of this century" was the commitment given by G-7 nations.
- The 41st G7 summit was held in Schloss Elmau, Krün, Bavaria, Germany on June 7–8, 2015
ISRO bags Space Pioneer Award for its Mars mission
During the 34th Annual International Space Development Conference held at Toronto,Canada recently,Indian Space and Research Organisation ISRO was given Space Pioneer Award in the Science and Technology field as according to website statement. National Space Society NSS of USA pesented this award to ISRO, for its stupendous efforts in accomplishing Mars Mission .
- On 24th September 2014, India placed its low cost Mars spacecraft in orbit around Mars in the first attempt itself.
- By this India joins other three Russia, Europe,USA in successfully undertaking its mission to Mars.
- On 5th November 2013,ISRO spacecraft was launched on a home grown PSLV rocket from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh, escape earths gravitational field on 1st December 2013.
IT Bellwether Wipro Wins Award
- Indian IT bellwether Wipro has won the Best Outsourcing Thought Leadership Award for 2015 from a US based leading institute.
- The business process leadership awards the Wall Street technology innovation showcases the most innovative work from providers' across the outsourcing industry
Indian diplomat appointed as head of UNITAR
- A senior Indian diplomat to the United Nations, Nikhil Seth, has been appointed as the head of UNITAR, a specialized UN agency catering exclusively to the training and research purposes of the nations. T
- he appointment was made by UN Secretary General : Ban Ki-moon ( South Korea ).
- He will serve as the Executive Director of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR). He will take the title from serving Ex. Dir. Sally Fegan-Wyles of Ireland.
Naveen Srivastava appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Naveen Srivastava (lFS: 1993), presently Consul General of India in Shanghai, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Kingdom of Cambodia.
- He is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
Sajeev Babu Kurup appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Guatemala
- Shri Sajeev Babu Kurup presently Counsellor, Bogota has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Guatemala.
Rahul Chhabra appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Hungary
- Shri Rahul Chhabra (lFS: 1987) presently Joint Secretary, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Hungary.
Banking & Finance
Anshu Jain resigns as Co-CEO of Deutsche Bank
India origin, head of Germany's biggest lender, Deutsche Bank: Anshu Jain,has resigned as the co-CEO, along with Juergen Fitschen. Former UBS banker John Cryan, who is replacing Jain will serve as the co-CEO along with Fitschen ( who has been asked to remain in his current role until the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting on May 19, 2016, to help ensure a smooth transition), and will take complete authority after May 19, 2016, as the sole CEO.
Cairn India to Merge with Vedanta
- Vedanta group led by Anil Agrawal plans to merge Cairn India Ltd with Vedanta Ltd. The purpose of this merger is to help ease the group's debt.
- The merger will help cut Vedanta's Rs. 37,636 crore gross debt by using Rs.16,870 crore cash lying with Cairn as well as over Rs. 14,000 crore of cash the firm generates every year.
- Cairn India is an oil and gas exploration and production company and Vedanta Ltd is a metals and mining company.
Padmasree Warrior Steps Down As CISCO CTO
- India-born Padmasree Warrior stepped down from her post of Chief Technology Officer at global IT giant CISCO after a significant restructuring of top management under incoming CEO Chuck Robbins
- She is one of Silicon Valley's high-profile female executives. She was ranked 84th in this year's Forbes list of 100 Most Powerful Women in the world.
- She will now move into a strategic advisor role effective immediately and will stay on in this new role through the transition until September, said Cisco.
7th International Junior Shotgun Cup: Anantjeet wins skeet gold, India wins other medals
Shooter Anantjeet Naruka clinched the gold medal, in the junior men's skeet match, at 7th International junior shotgun cup that concluded inOrimattila, Finland. He overcame Finaland's Lari Pesonen (12-11). He emerged as the country's star performer by winning an individual gold medal as well as a team gold in the skeet event. In the individual category, he shot a combo of 110 and 12, and in the junior men's team category, along with Angadvir Bajwa and Arjun Mann, they scored 110, 119 and 102 respectively, beating Russia by seven points, to get the gold.
Fellow Indian, Angadvir Singh Bajwa, won the bronze medal, in the same category (skeet), 6-5 against Matteo Chiti of Italy, with a total of 119 and 13 respectively.
The Indian junior men's trap team (Akash Saharan, Kismat Chopra and Lakshay) with scores of 107, 101 and 99 respectively, won the silver medal in the junior men's trap event. And the double trap team (Jaisal Singh, Ahvar Rizvi and Priyanshu Pandey) sealed the second spot, after Russia, to bag the silver medal in the junior men's double trap event. Finland finished third. Jaisal Singh shot the second best score of 128 in the qualification phase of individual double trap event but finished at a distant 6th place with a dismal score of 18 in the semifinals.
India to tour Zimbabwe next month
- Indian cricket team will tour Zimbabwe to play three ODIs and two Twenty20s in July. Indian team will arrive on Harare on 7 July after the ongoing tour of Bangladesh.
- Last time India toured Zimbabwe in July 2013 and comfortably won the five-match ODI series 5-0.
Former Test cricketer Hemant Kanitkar no more
- Former Test cricketer Hemant Kanitkar from Maharashta died at his residence in Pune. Hemant Kanitkar who was a batsman played two tests for India in home series against West Indies in 1974-75.
- He had a first class career of 15-years.
Spiritual leader Sivananda Murthy dead
- Noted spiritualist Sadguru Kandukuru Sivananda Murthy who was 87 passed away.
- He has huge following among Telugu people around the world.
- He was awarded honorary doctorate by the Andhra University in recognition of his services.
AffairsCloud.com was started to guide banking and civil service aspirants. The site covers subjects like current affairs events, Quantitative aptitude, reasoning, geography, general awareness and so on. High quality notes are provide to help the aspirants highly knowledgeable in all subject. Daily quiz and mock test are conducted on a regular basic to ensure the confidence of aspirants before the face the exam.