Following are June 7th 2015 Current Affairs
Goa and Punjab Bans Maggie
- The CM of Goa Laxmikant Parsekar ordered a ban on the Nestle’s Maggi noodles in the state till further orders as a precautionary measure. While the samples tested by FDA Goa were found negative, but after seeing the reports coming positive from other states, as a matter of abundant caution he decided to ban the Maggi till further orders.
- Punjab also imposed ban on the sale of Maggie noodles and its manufacturing plant in Moga.
- Other States to ban Maggie are: Delhi, Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra and Rajasthan
Kerala to have country’s first elephant hospital
- An exclusive hospital for Elephants, first of its kind in India, will be built in Kerala
- Dr. Jacob Cheeran ,a famous veterinarian said: “The hospital will have an in-patient treatment facility for 10 elephants at a time. Besides, the state-of-the-art laboratory facilities would be there.”
- The hospital with expected cost Rs.10 crore, is to be set up on a five-acre plot in the Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Mannuthy.
Adani, Reliance sign deals for power generation in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh signed two MOUs with the two major Indian companies, Adani and Reliance to set up 4,600 MW power plants in the country.
- Adani Power will invest $2.5 billion to set up a coal-based power plant with a capacity of 1,600 MW.
- The Reliance Power will invest $3 billion to set up an imported liquefied natural gas-based power plant in Bangladesh with a capacity of 3,000 MW.
Doctors from Texas State of US successfully perform world’s first skull-scalp transplant
- The doctors of Texas, US, have attained a remarkable achievement by successfully performing the world’s first skull-scalp transplant on a man who suffered a large head wound from cancer treatment.
- The recipient is James Boysen, a software developer from Austin. He underwent three transplants, the craniofacial tissue transplant, kidney and pancreas transplant at Houston Methodist Hospital in surgeries that lasted nearly a day.
- This triple transplant surgery is first of its kind in the world. Also, the skull and the scalp transplant has been reported for the first time.
India imposed anti-dumping duty for certain stainless steel products imported from China, Malaysia and South Korea
- The finance ministry of India imposed anti-dumping duty for some stainless steel products imported from China, Malaysia and South Korea.
- This is done to protect the interests of domestic suppliers who were affected badly by such imports. The duty has been levied for five years. The stainless steel industry is plagued with imports from countries like Malaysia, Korea and Japan under the Free Trade Agreement.
Anti Dumping Duty
It is a penalty imposed on suspiciously low-priced imports, to increase their price in the importing country and to protect local industry from unfair competition.
Dodig, Melo beat Bryans Brothers to win French Open doubles final
- The duo of Ivan Dodig of Croatia and Marcelo Melo of Brazil have defeated Bryan Brothers in the 2015 French Open Doubles Finals, claiming their Maiden Grand Slam title.
- Dodig and Melo defeated Bryan brothers by 6-7(5) 7-6(5) 7-5.
- With this victory, Dodig became the first Croatian and Melo the second Brazillain to win French Open title.
Qatar is likely be stripped of its chance to host the 2022 World Cup
- According to Phaedra Almajid, a FIFA whistleblower, Qatar may loose its chance to host the 2022 World Cup. The whistleblower has said that the evidence of the wrongdoing in Qatar’s bid would force the FIFA to relieve Qatar of the responsibility of hosting the tournament in 2022.
- Almajid is an Arab-American based in the United States who worked for Qatar’s 2022 bid till early 2010.
- Qatar shocked the world in 2010, by winning the right to host the 2022 World Cup. Since then, allegations of bribery and wrongdoing about their bid have been dominant within FIFA.
AffairsCloud.com;; was started to guide banking and civil service aspirants. The site covers subjects like current affairs events, Quantitative aptitude, reasoning, geography, general awareness and so on. High quality notes are provide to help the aspirants highly knowledgeable in all subject. Daily quiz and mock test are conducted on a regular basic to ensure the confidence of aspirants before the face the exam.