New Delhi, Dec 27 (IANS) Here's the lowdown on what India accomplished in its defence modernisation and procurement plans in 2011 and what it could not complete.
What Was Done:
* Deal for 10 Boeing C-17s signed with the US for $4.1 billion.
* Deal for upgrading 51 Mirage-2000 jets signed for $2.4 billion with French manufacturer Dassault.
* Six Lockheed Martin C-130J Super Hercules for special forces operations delivered.
* INS Deepak fleet tanker inducted.
* Order placed with Korean shipyard for eight minesweepers.
* Deal for 80 fast interceptor craft signed with Sri Lanka.
What Wasn't Done
* Deal for 126 combat planes yet to be signed.
* Deal for 145 M777 ultra-light howitzers still to be signed.
* Deal for 22 attack helicopters still to be clinched.
* Winner of order for 15 heavy-lift helicopters yet to be announced
* Winner of order for 197 light-utility helicopters still be decided.