WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Delhi gangrape: Father wants death for minor

Source : IBNS
Last Updated: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 08:36 hrs

New Delhi: While the Juvenile Justice Board on Thursday is likely to pronounce its verdict on whether the minor accused in the Delhi gangrape case will be convicted or not, the victim's father demanded death sentence for him.

"We cry every day remembering our daughter. A strict judgement is our only hope for justice. Our fight, the nation's cry will go waste if strict punishment is not granted," the Delhi braveheart's father told NDTV on the Juvenile Justice Board premises.

Meanwhile, the youngest accused family said he will not be allowed to enter the house even after he completes his sentence.



"My son deserves stronger punishment. We will keep no contacts with him. We won't even allow him to enter our house in future," said his mother.

If found guilty, the accused will face a maximum sentence of three years, including his custody period.

He turned 18 in June.

Pertinently, it will be the first verdict in the case.

On July 5, the trial of the sixth accused in the Delhi gangrape case concluded before the Juvenile Justice Board.

The Juvenile Justice Board reserved its order till July 11.

Four other accused in the case are being tried before a fast track court.

Another accused Ram Singh committed suicide by hanging himself in Delhi's Tihar Jail earlier this year.

On Dec 16, six people gangraped and brutalised the 23-year-old Delhi Braveheart or Nirbhaya with an iron rod on a moving bus in New Delhi. The victim succumbed to her injuries at a Singapore hospital on Dec 29.

The incident triggered nationwide outrage against rising cases of crime against women in India with people pouring into the streets of New Delhi for days and demanding a change of law and strict punishment of the accused.

blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news