Cairo, Feb 23 (IANS) The verdict in the hearing for former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak and former interior minister Habib Adly -- both accused of corruption and killing protesters -- will be announced June 2, a judge said.
The trial began in August last year. Wednesday was the last day of hearing in the trial. Prosecutors have demanded death sentence for the former president, Xinhua reported.
When judge Ahmed Refaat asked Mubarak to speak, the former president said he had no comment.
"What my lawyer said is enough," Mubarak was quoted as saying.
Adly, however, spent almost two hours talking about foreign elements that he believes to be the true murderers of the protesters.
Attorney General Abdel Meguid Mahmoud notified Wednesday the Cairo Criminal Court that the Tora prison hospital was ready to receive Mubarak, the official MENA news agency said.
Mubarak has been under detention at the International Medical Center since the beginning of his trial.
Refaat also decided to allow all media organisations to cover the verdict announcement and the Egyptian TV to broadcast it live.
Mubarak was forced to resign from presidency Feb 11, 2011 after 18 days of anti-government protests. A government-appointed committee said a total of 846 people were killed and more than 6,000 injured during the protests.