New Delhi, Feb 27 (IANS) A fire that started in a shop damaged commercial property worth lakhs of rupees in a busy market here Wednesday, said a fire service official. No casualty or injury was reported.
The blaze broke out in a shop in Matkewali Gali in old Delhi's Sadar Bazar area around 7.40 p.m. Around 25 fire tenders took 40 minutes to douse the flames, said the fire official.
According to the official, an electrical short circuit might have sparked the fire.
"No one was injured in the incident. The exact loss of property is yet to be ascertained," the official said.