[India], Feb 14 (ANI): The central government on Wednesday approved the signing of MoUs between India and Saudi Arabia on cooperation in tourism and mutual assistance in customs matters.
The agreement will help in making available, reliable, quick and cost-effective information and intelligence for the prevention and investigation of customs offences and apprehending of customs offenders.
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the signing of MoU between the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
The main objectives of the agreement are:-
1. Exchanging information and expertise in legislation in the tourism development, hotels, resorts and tourist accommodation facilities, tourism data and statistics, exhibition events and other tourism activities in states of the parties, tourism development, planning and investment, licensing, operating and marketing tourism facilities, agricultural tourism and desert tourism.
2. Exchanging media publications, tourism related films, and encourage exchanging of visits between experts and tourism media representatives in the states of the parties.
3. Introducing tourism investment opportunities available in the states of the parties and encouraging mutual tourism investment in tourism projects.
4. Encouraging to organise joint tourism events, participate in exhibitions, conferences and seminars held in the states of the parties thus contributing to tourism development and crystalising a joint tourism vision.
5. Encouraging public and private education facilities working in the tourism education and training field in the states of the parties.
6. Exchanging innovative experience and technologies in the tourism field, and consultation services.
7. Cooperation and coordinating in international forums and organisations concerned with tourism affairs.
India and Saudi Arabia have enjoyed a strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. Saudi Arabia is one of the potential tourist generating market for India from the Middle East. The signing of the MoU for tourism cooperation with Saudi Arabia will be instrumental in increasing arrival from this source market.
The signing of the two MoUs comes ahead of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's maiden two-day visit to India beginning from February 19. (ANI)