Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Thursday on Thursday said Lashkar-e-Taiba founder Hafiz Saeed had visited the border areas in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) a few days before the attack on Indian jawans by Pakistani troops.
"It has been our information just four-five days back that in PoK area Hafiz Saeed had entered and he had talks with some people," he told the media here.
Shinde further ruled out putting the new relaxed visa regime between the two Asian neighbours on hold.
"We are not rethinking. Whatever has entered into an agreement, it will be carried," he said.
Pakistan's High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir had earlier on Wednesday denied a Pakistan Army attack on Indian soldiers in the Mendhar sector in Poonch district on Tuesday.
"I would like to address some of the concerns, which are expressed here in the Indian media since yesterday regarding what is called the Mendhar incident. First of all, I would like to say that Pakistan remains firmly committed to respecting the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir. It is important, I believe both governments agree, that the ceasefire, which is an important confidence building measure, must be respected by both sides," Bashir told ANI.
The Pakistani envoy, who was summoned to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) yesterday, further said that the Director Generals of Military Operations have been in contact with each other over the Mendhar incident.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid yesterday said that Pakistan's High Commissioner has been told in very strong terms that the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops is 'unacceptable', and added that it will have an adverse impact if it is not immediately contained.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony has condemned the killing of two soldiers by the Indian army as 'highly provocative', and said that the way one of the Indian soldier's bodies had been treated was 'inhuman'.
In a major escalation to the ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts, a group of Pakistan Army soldiers raided across the Line of Control in Mendhar sector and killed two Indian soldiers and injured one more. The Pakistani troops attacked an area domination patrol party of the Indian Army.
Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were the two Indian soldiers killed brutally by the Pakistani troops. (ANI)