Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Hina Rabbani Khar pulls up Indian media, rejects charges

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Thu, Jan 10, 2013 19:45 hrs
Pak denies hand in Indian jawan killings

Islamabad: Pakistan's Interior Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on Thursday took potshots at the Indian media for taking up the issue of mutilation of bodies of Indian soldiers, and rejected the charges of ceasefire violation along the Line of Control (LoC).

"Even after martyrdom of our soldier, we kept to bilateral mechanisms. But from their side, contradictory strong statements were made," she said.

Khar said Pakistan has acted in a responsible manner every time it faced a challenge.

"I am proud to be representing a government, which has acted in a responsible manner every time it faced a challenging situation," she said.

Pakistan's High Commissioner to India, Salman Bashir, had earlier on Wednesday denied a Pakistan Army attack on Indian soldiers in the Mendhar sector in Poonch district on Tuesday.

"I would like to address some of the concerns, which are expressed here in the Indian media since yesterday regarding what is called the Mendhar incident. First of all, I would like to say that Pakistan remains firmly committed to respecting the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir. It is important, I believe both governments agree, that the ceasefire, which is an important confidence building measure, must be respected by both sides," Bashir told ANI in New Delhi.

The Pakistani envoy, who was summoned to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) office in New Delhi yesterday, further said that the Director Generals of Military Operations have been in contact with each other over the Mendhar incident.

Indian External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid yesterday said that Pakistan's High Commissioner has been told in very strong terms that the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops is 'unacceptable', and added that it will have an adverse impact if it is not immediately contained.

In a major escalation to the ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts, a group of Pakistan Army soldiers raided across the Line of Control in Mendhar sector and killed two Indian soldiers and injured one more. The Pakistani troops attacked an area domination patrol party of the Indian Army.

Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were the two Indian soldiers killed brutally by the Pakistani troops.




blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news