Indian Air Force (IAF) has activated the online registration links for AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) II for the position of commissioned officer (Short Service Commission) (SSC) in flying branch and permanent commission (PC)/ Short Service Commission (SSC) in ground duty (technical and non-technical) branches. Candidates who wish to apply may submit their applications on the official website, afcat.cdac.in or careerindianairforce.cdac.in.
Air Force Common Admission Test, commonly known as AFCAT, is conducted by the Indian Air Force, to recruit officers for all the branches of Air Force except the dental and medical branches. AFCAT is conducted twice a year.
This year, the registrations for the AFCAT II examination started from June 18 and will conclude on July 15, 2018.
Eligibility conditions: The candidate should be an Indian citizen. The eligibility criteria for the branches are given below:
For Flying Branch- Candidate must have a graduate in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or B.E/B. Tech with minimum 60% marks.
For Ground Duty (Technical)- Candidates must have a graduation level degree in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level with minimum 60% marks.
For Ground Duty (Non-Technical)- Candidates must have graduation level degree any discipline with minimum 60% marks and obtain 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
Age limit for flying branch- 20 to 24 years
Age limit for ground duty- 20 to 26 years
How to Fill AFCAT 2 2018 Application Form?
1) Visit the official website - afcat.cdac.in
2) Check for the official notification that says ‘AFCAT II’
3) Click on the notification and read it carefully
4) If you are eligible then click on the apply online link
5) Fill all the required detail in the AFCAT 2 2018 online form
6) Upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph, signature, and other required documents
7) Recheck each detail in application form and submit it
Do not forget to take printout of application form for future use